Carpenter and Mason Helpers
Throughout its history, Worcester Eisenbrandt has applied its experience and expertise to numerous governmental, institutional, commercial, and private sites all over the Mid-Atlantic region. Of the over 1400 projects completed by Worcester since 1987, approximately 70% have been architecturally, historically, or culturally significant in nature.
We are looking for talented people who want to take their current helper/laborer construction skills and grow their Carpentry and/or Masonry career! We are looking for people who take pride in their work, are highly motivated, reliable, driven by commitment and can work independently as well as within a team.
WEI offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays. Outstanding and competitive pay!
General Information about the job:
- Load, transport, unload and furnish Carpenter with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies and gather materials for workers to handle.
- Clean job site and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Perform other routine duties as directed by experienced craft person.
- May erect and build scaffolding, and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Cut timber and lumber to specified dimensions, drill holes in lumber.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using trowel, to complete repair work to plaster and stucco.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for masonry pieces, using trowel.
- Ability to mix mortar.
- Use and operate power saws and drills.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty.
- A cooperative attitude is necessary to get the job done.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, positioning, handling of materials and manipulating items.
- Hearing: Used for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sounds, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.
- Eyesight: the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. With or without corrective lenses.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats and respirators when needed.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum of one year of experience of general carpentry/masonry.
- Must have own basic carpenter or masonry tools.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Experience working on historic properties is helpful.
- Able to speak, and to read and write basic English.
It is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify, drug screening and background check.