Throughout its 90 history, Worcester Eisenbrandt Inc. (WEI) has applied its experience and expertise to numerous governmental, institutional, commercial, and private sites all over the Mid-Atlantic region. Of the over 1400 projects completed by Worcester since 1987, approximately 70% have been architecturally, historically, or culturally significant in nature. We are mid-size contractor in the Mid-Atlantic and we self-perform 98% of our own work. Our projects range between $300k to $1,800,000.00.
What WEI expects: We are looking for a qualified Assistant Project Manager who has strong construction administrative skills, a high level of work ethics and is quality conscious. A person who is a self-starter who wants to be a part of a talented, hardworking and growing company.
What can you expect? To be challenged working on a variety of historic and new construction projects. Our projects range from the Baltimore City area to Northern Virginia. WEI offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays and 401(k). Pay is competitive.
- Assist Project Manager in coordinating, daily project management activities.
- Assist in establishing project manpower needs.
- Support project superintendents by ordering and scheduling timely material and equipment deliveries.
- Review construction documents, maintain updated sets, and assist in budget preparation.
- Assist in preparing material and equipment submittals.
- Maintain project correspondence. Assist in the preparation of monthly pay requisitions.
- Review sub-contractor change orders for accuracy.
- Organize and maintain vendor documentation.
- Maintain accurate change order logs, project closeouts and all related documents.
- Assist with reviewing timesheets and material invoices to ensure accurate payroll and costing information.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Local travel to job sites. Occasional out of state overnight stays may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architectural studies, construction management.
- Minimum two- years’ experience in a construction role.
- Alternatively, a minimum of 7 years progressive construction project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flex schedule if project requires.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple projects of varying complexity. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with contractors, sub-contractors, owners/tenants, and government agencies to provide excellent customer service and client satisfaction.
- Ability to read/interpret construction drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Must be organized, timely, and customer service oriented.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- This is an office position with visits to construction jobsites.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats when needed.
It is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI, Inc.) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of: age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, WEI will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify, drug screening and background check.